Friday 14 December 2012

Recreating illustrators

From my illustrator research I have sampled their techniques and have recreated one of their illustrations, after this I will create my own illustration using their style, this will eventually help me decide on what style of illustration so use for my boards and help me progress my own style helping me decide which techniques I do and don't like.

Max Gregor recreation:


(left)original, (right)my recreation

I quite liked using this technique however I think I should have taken more time drawing the face as I think the eyes look a little goofy and the lips are to upward pointed. 


Bec Winnel recreation:



(left) original, (right) my work in progress. 
I finally plucked up the guts to attempt to recreate her work, I'm not sure how this will turn out but I'm hoping for the best!



Stina Persson Recreation:




















(left) original, (right) my recreation.

This time I decided to recreate one of her cut paper techniques, over all I think I did ok, however i think the face looks a bit dodgy! 

Rene Gruau Recreation:




(left) original, (right) my recreation.

(The head looks a little squashed for the angle I took the picture at) I am quite happy with this creation however the eyebrow is the wrong shape.

Thanks for reading!! 

What do you think of my recreations?

Jenny xxx 







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...