Friday 30 March 2012

Military Skirt patterns

This is a post on my military skirt patterns, For some reason I imagined that I already posted this!

(Unfortunately the image above isn't very good) To start my patterns I began first draft by tracing around a skirt block, I included the hip lines and darts and I also added a line were the box pleat would be. On the centre back line I also added extra flare by extending the hem line a little bit and then joining the end of the line to the hip line so the line is smooth.


Next I traced around the front piece adding the dart and hip line, I then cut this out. After I cut that out I then measured the width of the box pleat on my first draft, Then(I think) I took a new piece of paper and drew a straight line I then added on double the width of the box pleat. I then cut this out and taped this on the centre front of the pattern making sure the line met the edge of the pattern, then I folded the paper in half exactly. I then cut out another strip of paper the width of the box pleat and taped this onto the edge.
I traced over this on another piece of paper and then I added a 1.5cm seam allowance and cut it out.




I also traced around the back piece and added a kick pleat to the centre back by using a set square to draw a 45 degree angle, I then drew a straight line down and across to create the shape above then I added a 1.5cm seam allowance and cut it out.

Yoke Patterns.
To get the yoke patterns I traced around the top of the skirt patterns to the hip line, I then cut those out and closed the darts. To get the facings I used a set square to draw a line 5cm distance parallel to the waist line and then closed the darts
Here are the adapted yoke pieces, I traced these of from my first draft cut them out and closed the darts.

I traced around the adapted yoke pieces and added a 1.5cm seam allowance and cut them out.

Here are my final front and back skirt pattern pieces.

Thanks for reading!! I hope this made sence!

Jenny xxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...