Tuesday 8 May 2012

Sketchbook Update


Here is an update on my sketchbook. I started by looking at two contrasting decades. 


I started by looking into roman clothing and the pleats an drapes of the fabric.


I also then looked into the delphos dress by Mariano Fortuny which is made up of pleated silk.


I then looked at georgian clothing and focused on embellishments such as bows.


for bows I looked at Victor and rolf's collection 'FlowerBomb'


I then went on to look at the structure of the Georgian garments and I looked at corsets and petticoats, when I was researching into corsets I found the woman with the thinnest waist in the world she called Cathie Jung she is over 70 years old, has a 15" waist and has spent  the last 25 years laced in tight corsets 



The edges of the petticoat reminded me of clouds so I started to look into them.


From clouds I thought of rain and the shapes of the willow tree leaves reminded me of the rain this also lead me back to the kanzashi shapes. 

Thanks for reading! I still have some annotation missing but al the research is done 

Jenny xxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...