Sunday 16 June 2013

Pacman skirt toile

Here I'm creating the toile for my Pacman skirt hope you enjoy learning!
 
First I started by drawing a horizontal line the length of my waist measurement, I then drew a vertical line the length that I wanted my skirt to be, and created a rectangle using these measurements. I then split the rectangle in half both ways, and divided the vertical line into 10 even sections



At each other line I drew curved darts and a curved seam at each side, this will create the ball shape I require at the top of my skirt to create my pacman skirt.
 

 
At the hem I drew the same shape as a pacman ghost's feet making sure the curves were an even distance away from each other.


One I finished drawing out the shape I traced over this adding a 1cm seam allowance and cut it out.

 
I then pinned this to my fabric and cut it out.


 
Next I created a template for my darts to ensure I sewed the dart in the right shape.And then sewed all of the darts together.




 
Next I sewed one side together and pined the other whilst i tried it on my friend as she had a dress on with a netted underskirt, and this helped me to decide weather or not the shape was right.



Next I sewed the other side half way up leaving room for a zip
 

 
I then created the waist band by drawing a rectangle 8cm long (to be folded down) and half of my waist measurement wide as I will cut this on the fold. I then added a 4cm button stand and a 1cm seam allowance and cut this out of my fabric.
 
Here I put a notch for the button stand.

I then decided that I didn't want the button stand and took that off and left enough for a 1cm SA

 
I then drew an interfacing for the waist band using only one half of the original. 




Next I sewed the waist band to the skirt wrong sides together on one half of the band 

 
I then folded over and top stitched so the seam was hidden. 


For the edge of the waist I sewed as close as the zip as possible and cut the corner off so the point would be sharper. 

 
Next I traced part of the hem and drew a 4cm SA to create my binding pattern, then added a 1cm SA and cut this out.
 
 
here I sewed one edge of the binding to the skirt hem.

 
I then cut notches in the curves so it would create a better curve when folded over.


I then ironed over 1cm of the top of the binding  and sewed this down.
 



 
For the Eyes I drew a shape for the white part and one for the pupil and then added a 1cm SA


 
Thanks for reading!!
 
Jenny xxx
 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...